We are now Registering for the 2014-2015 school year. Some classes are beginning to fill up, so call today to schedule a tour! 770-476-3780 A link to the registration form can be found under the Registration tab above.
To find a registration form for the 2014-2015 school year, click on the above Registration tab. You can then download the form. Registration opens to the community on January 28th.
Go to the Class Offerings tab above to see classes available for the 2014-2015 school year. An updated registration form will be posted soon. Registration opens to the public on January 28th. Call today for a tour. 770-476-3780
As we enter into the winter months where the weather is sometimes unpredictable, please know that if Gwinnett County Schools are closed (or even delayed) due to inclement weather, the preschool will be closed. Closings will be broadcast on WSB radio and the local television stations. Closings will also be posted on this website.
We are excited for the new year to be here and are looking forward to a fabulous 2014. We will be posting class offerings and registration forms for the 2014-2015 school year soon. Registration dates are as follows:
Tues., Jan. 14 Returning Student Registration Begins
Tues., Jan. 21 Siblings of Current Students Register
Tues., Jan 28 Registration Opens to the Community
Please call 770-476-3780 to schedule a tour. Tours are typically given on Tuesdays or Thursdays at 10:00. Other times are available upon request.
We still have openings in the following age groups. Please call today to schedule a tour. We will gladly put you on a waiting list if you are interested in a class that is not listed. Your child’s age as of 9/1/13 will determine the appropriate class.
Mom’s Day Out 12-24 months – One day class on Wednesday
Mom’s Day Out 18-24 months – Two day class on Mon-Tues
Two Year Old – Two day class on Thurs-Fri
Three Year Old – Four day class on Tues-Fri
Older Fours/Young Fives – Five day class
The new calendar for 2013-2014 has been posted under the School Calendar tab above.
We are off to a great start to the school year. We love having the hallways and classrooms full of children. There have been a few tears, but lots of laughter, happy chatter, and smiles. We are praying for a fantastic year.
Every year I find myself saying how fast the time is flying. I certainly hope that you enjoyed some outside time with your children in between the showers this summer. Our “Summer Letter” is intended to let you know of important developments and upcoming dates.
- Accreditation: FBCD Weekday requested and was granted a postponement of our accreditation visit. ACSI extended our Accreditation for another year and is planning a team visit in April of 2014. If you have any questions about this please call. I will be happy to share the particulars with you.
- I am planning to retire during this school year. The church’s goal is to hire a new director by the end of December.
- School Hours: The time frame that the doors will be unlocked and staff members will be outside to assist with drop off and pick up has changed slightly. Our school day will still be from 9:15 - 1:15, however doors will be opened in the morning for Drop Off from 9:00 – 9:15. In the afternoon Pick Up will be from 1:05-1:20. Late fees will be applied to any child picked up after 1:20.This is change of five minutes from last year both when the doors open and when you would be late picking up.
- Prior to Drop Off and Pick Up-Parents please wait outside for the doors to be unlocked. If you have business with the office please knock or ring bell to be admitted early.
- Each child must bring an open top tote bag. Do not send children with back packs. We are working on independence and the zippers and pouches are difficult for children to find items and store art and papers that they are bringing home. Backpacks are unacceptable.
- Let everyone who drops off or picks up know that we observe a ONE WAY traffic pattern. Any time you are on the campus during drop off or pick up times please enter on the Duluth side of the church, circle around the back of the building and either pull under the portico or park in the lot and come in. The teachers report that when they are on the playground many parents drive way too fast around the school. Please Drive Slowly. Help Us Keep Our Little Ones Safe.
- Returning Students: We will notify you when your child’s immunization form expires. If you have received a new one this summer please bring it with you to orientation. New Students- Please bring a State Form 3231 with you to Student Orientation.
- Not Returning? If for some reason you are not planning for your student to attend First Baptist Duluth Weekday this year please call the office immediately. Our number is 770-476-3780. We do have some students on waiting lists and will offer them any available spots.
- Class Snacks: Snacks shared with the entire class need to be nutritious and peanut/tree nut free. For the last few years we have provided parents with a list of snacks that are approved. This year we will not serve a snack unless it is from the approved snack list that you will receive in your handbook at Parent Orientation.
- August 12-20 Teachers will begin calling their students. They will introduce themselves and set up a time for you to bring your child in for Student Orientation the last few days of August. If you have not heard from your child’s teacher by August 21 please call the office.
- August 25-2:30-4:30 Parent Orientation beginning in the Worship Center.
- August 26-29 Student Orientations, to be determined by each teacher.
- September 3 First day of School for M-T, M-W, T-F, and T-TH Classes.
- September 4 First day for Wed. MDO students
- September 5 First day for TH-F classes
- September 3-6 EARLY RELEASE- 12:00 (Pick up between 12:00-12:15)
- DO NOT SEND LUNCH THE FIRST WEEK
We are very pleased and grateful that you have chosen First Baptist Duluth Weekday Preschool program for your child’s foundational years. We still have a few openings and would love to have your friends and neighbors as part of our school family. I look forward with great anticipation to this new school year.
Ann (Mooney) Steinbrecher
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.” Matthew 7:24-25.